Recreation in Cowfold village
A bowling alley adjoined the churchyard on the west in 1635. A Cowfold cricket team played at a ground at Oakendene in 1721 and until 1815, and the cricket field there was still discernible in 1926; Cowfold cricket club was recorded in 1905 and was active in 1984.
The village had a rifle range east of the village hall in 1909. There was a branch of the Sussex Hearts of Oak benefit society in 1870 and 1938. In 1984 there was a variety of social and recreational clubs.