Animal rescue sanctuaries and animal welfare groups
Mount NoddyMount Noddy is owned and operated by the Sussex, Chichester & District Branch of the RSPCA. The website has a rogues gallery of animals it has helped to find a home for.
Mount Noddy is located near Eartham, east of Chichester.
The Old Gardens Animal Rescue CentreAnimal rescue centre near Sidlesham, south of Chichester which, over the years, has provided respite for chickens, geese, turkeys and ducks plus pigs, sheep and goats. Not to mention peacocks, pigeons, cats and dogs.
As well as visiting the animals you can help by sponsoring an individual animal if you would like to. The website tells you about some of the animals currently being cared for. Reassuringly, all the centre's geese "can be guaranteed to give all ... visitors a welcome honk".
The centre has a small shop where you can buy eggs.
Bulldog Rescue and RehomingWest Sussex is home to the UK's only specialist Bulldog Rescue organisation - not only that, it's also run entirely by volunteers.
The Rehoming Service website has tons of specialist bulldog related information and makes suggestions as to how you can help the wellbeing of this most British of dog breeds.
Look out too for the annual Bulldog Rescue Picnic on Lavant Village Green.
Rescuing animals around the world
If you're interested in animal welfare and would like to help stray dogs in other parts of the world, then the Tree of Life for Animals website can tell you how to make a donation to support the Chichester College team's efforts and other animal welfare work.
International Animal RescueNot to be confused with International Rescue (that's in Thunderbirds) International Animal Rescue, which is a charity based in Uckfield, performs far more practical work than trying to save the world from the bad guys.
Its work involves saving animals from the bad guys, such as freeing dancing bears in India, looking after stray animals and taking action against the smuggling of rare animals.
In the UK the charity rescues cats through Catastrophes Cat Rescue.
You might also like
- Cats protection and cat shelters in Sussex
- Dog clubs and dog owners in West Sussex
- Puppy training and dog obedience classes
- Horse welfare and rescue horses
- Stables and livery yards
- Falconry displays and birds of prey
- Bird watching in West Sussex
- Kennels and dog boarding businesses in West Sussex
- Cool catteries and cat hotels in West Sussex
- Special nature reserves in West Sussex
- Wildlife protection and conservation groups in Sussex
- Cat protection and rescue
- West Sussex charities index
- Charity infrastructure
- Childrens charities
- Dog training
- Model farms to visit
- Sussex Wildlife
- West Sussex news, blog and features
- Full details of sports clubs in West Sussex
- West Sussex bed and breakfast guide
- Bognor Regis
- Burgess Hill
- East Grinstead
- Haywards Heath