Brookes is one of the pioneers of the concept of the garden being a Room Outside and, as well as the many garden design books he has published, he has also designed well over a thousand gardens over his long career.
Unlike many of the big gardens in West Sussex, Denmans is open all the year round. It has been planted in a way that provides something of interest at all times of the year.
Denmans Gardens highlightsDenmans is divided up into different areas, with a Walled Garden, an unusual Dry Stream Bed of gravel, plus lawns and wild flowers.
For those with a serious interest in garden design, guided tours and introductory talks are available.
Where to stay near Denmans Gardens at Fontwell
- Good Hotels near Denmans Gardens - where to stay
- Accommodation near Fontwell - B &B Guide
- Seaside Holidays West Sussex
- West Sussex Accommodation - self catering
- Caravan Sites in West Sussex
- Campsites in West Wittering and the best of the rest of West Sussex
Other hotels and B &B near Denmans Gardens
- Borde Hill
- Denmans Gardens
- Highdown Gardens
- Leonardslee Gardens
- Nymans Gardens
- Petworth Park Gardens
- Standen House and Gardens
- West Dean Gardens
- Gardens open to the public
- Bognor Regis
- Burgess Hill
- East Grinstead
- Haywards Heath