Like picturesque Bosham across the mouth of the Birdham Channel, there's a lot of money and a lot of second home owners in Itchenor. Who can blame them? It's a beautiful place and ideal for sailing in Chichester Harbour.
The tides allow 24 hour launching and the yachting facilities are extremely good.
If Chichester Harbour has a headquarters then it's probably here as Itchenor is home of the Chichester Harbour Conservancy which runs Chichester Harbour as a nature reserve. The Conservancy's work has helped to make the harbour an area where wildlife and recreation can co-exist successfully.
A trip on the tiny Itchenor Ferry is a great way to see the harbour for those who donít have their own boat, albeit for only a few minutes on the journey to the southern part of the Bosham peninsula. For those with more time, you can take a tour of the Harbour from Itchenor. If you can, make sure you leave a few minutes to read the interesting information board about the history of the Itchenor Ferry.
Itchenor Church, pictured below, has some lovely stained glass.
St Nicholas Church also contains a copy of the first chart ever made of the shifting sands of Chichester Harbour - the original chart was made over 200 years ago.
You might also like
- Sailing clubs you can join around Chichester harbour
- Places to moor boats in Chichester Harbour and around the Sussex coast
- Other places to sail or moor in West Sussex
- The village of Birdham - just along the harbour shoreline form Itchenor
- Cycling along Salterns Way to Itchenor from Chichester or West Wittering
- West Wittering Beach - probably the best sandy beach in West Sussex
- Good places for a seaside self-catering holiday
Bosham from the jetty at Itchenor.
sailing on the Harbour from Itchenor Boat Hire.
PLACES NEAR ITCHENORBirdham | Bosham | Chidham | Chichester | Chilgrove | Fishbourne | Hunston | Kingley Vale | Lavant | Singleton | West Dean |
Itchenor hotels, B and B, camping and holiday lets
- The City of Chichester
- Bosham Hoe and Bosham village - the other side of the Itchenor Ferry journey
- Fishbourne village and Roman Palace
- Birdham - for Birdham Pool and the Chichester Marina
- Chichester Canal
- The people who keep Chichester Harbour going
- Details of sailing clubs in Itchenor and around the rest of Chichester Harbour
- Sidlesham and Highleigh
- Pagham Harbour Nature Reserve
- Salterns Way permissive cycle path
- West Sussex news, blog and features
- Full details of sports clubs in West Sussex
- West Sussex bed and breakfast guide
- Bognor Regis
- Burgess Hill
- East Grinstead
- Haywards Heath