The ruins of Bramber Castle
Today it's a great place for a picnic - quiet, atmospheric, easy to get to and with good car parking. And it's free.
While you walk up towards the castle you might notice the sign by the adjoining church which was also built by the Normans. It points out that the church is the only part of the original castle complex which is still in use - a rare triumph of peacemakers over warmongers.
- Steyning visitor information
- Things to do in the Steyning area
- Sports facilities in Steyning
- The Steyning Festival
- Steyning Town Centre
- More about Steyning
- Upper Beeding
- Chanctonbury Ring
- Bramber, St Mary's House and Bramber Castle
- More about Bramber Castle
- Truleigh Hill
- Lancing College Chapel
- The Downs Link - a footpath that runs from Shoreham to Surrey