The southern part of Donnington is much more attractive however.
The land is very flat, forming the northern part of the Manhood Peninsula. Whenever you look north, the spire of Chichester Cathedral and the South Downs form a beautiful backdrop to the landscape.
Chichester Canal runs through the parish of Donnington. Because the towpath here is less developed than the Hunston section of the canal, this is a lovely quiet spot, with a particularly enjoyable walk towards the sea and Chichester Yacht Basin north of Birdham.
This is good spot to spot swans, coots and moorhens too.
Where to stay near Donnington
- Hotels near Donnington - suggested accommodation around Chichester
- Best places to stay near Donnington - Bed and breakfast
- Holiday Cottages In West Sussex near Donnington on the Manhood Peninsula
- Self Catering Holiday Accommodation West Sussex
- Caravan Sites near the seaside in Sussex
- Camping at West Wittering Beach near Donnington and other campsites in Sussex
DONNINGTON VILLAGE INFORMATION
The site contains a lot of information about Donnington that isn't really available anywhere else on the web.
For example, the Donnington site has a good list of businesses in the village, many of which don't have websites, but their phone numbers and email addresses are provided.
Local clubs and societies don't miss out either. You can find out about the meetings of:
Donnington Horticultural Society
The West Sussex Group of the Alpine Society who meet in Donnington village hall; and
The village badminton club - St George's Badminton Club.
- Bognor Regis
- Burgess Hill
- East Grinstead
- Haywards Heath
- Chichester Canal
- Kingley Vale
- West Dean